Friday, March 26, 2010

When cars attack...

I got hit by two cars this morning…no big deal…ugh.  I’m fine.  It was a low speed rear ending.  I’m really surprised that I’m not hit more often…like every day…with the way people drive out here.  You have to understand that drivers in DC drive like drunk, aggressive, monkeys.  Ok, that is an insult to monkeys…and drunk people.  It is really bad.  A study done in 2009 tested current drivers on the written test.  It found that DC ranked 44th among the states.  Where did Wisconsin rank…yup #1!!!  We got beer, cheese, Packers, and good drivers…what’s not to love??  You can check out the rest of the study and see what you would get on the test here.

I was driving in Arlington on my way into the city to go to work, just trying not to get hit…so like any normal day.  It was dark and rainy.  A road that is usually not a problem, was completely clogged.  I saw cop lights ahead, so I thought it was an accident, but nobody was getting by.  Then I realized it wasn’t an accident, it is something you learn to hate as a DC metro resident…motorcades.  Some “important” person was probably coming from Fort Myer.  It was a pretty small motorcade…only about 10 police cars.  Not POTUS or anything exciting.  So it gets by, and we are allowed to drive through again, but with any motorcade, they drive slowly, and we had to stay behind them.  Ok, so it will take a few extra minutes to get into work; no biggie, it is Friday!  The traffic line was stop and go.  Then the whole line of traffic was coming to a stop.  If I wasn’t stopped, I was at a crawl.  I was near the end of the line of traffic.  I heard a car horn, saw a car with no lights on coming fast behind me…then impact, then another impact.  She hit me then another car hit her…good times.

Luckily the damage to my car looks minimal…we’ll see what the dealership has to say.  Most importantly, it was casual Friday, I was wearing black Sketchers sneakers, and didn’t ruin any good heels in the rain…do car insurance policies have fabulous shoe replacement??  …cause they should.

1 comment:

  1. And here I thought this was going to be a running post :-) I seem to be hit or almost hit by cars in my neighborhood while running more than most people get hit while driving.

    ReplyDelete