Dee's Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake
1 1/4 c graham cracker crumbs
1/4 c crushed Oreo cookies
1/4 c sugar
6 tbsp butter, melted
3/4 c creamy peanut butter
8, 8 oz pkgs cream cheese, sofened (in a pinch, take off the paper box, and line them up on your stove while you pre-heat the oven for the crust...turn frequently)
1 c sugar
1 c sour cram
3 eggs, lightly beaten
3 tsp vanilla
1 c hot fudge topping, divided
6 peanut butter cups, cut into small wedges (8 per cup)
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Prepare crust
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, Oreo crumbs, sugar, and melted butter. (A food processor is handy for this task.)
- Press into the bottom of a greased and floured spring form pan. Press up the sides 1 inch.
- Place pan on a baking sheet and bake for 7-9 minutes or until set.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Place cake pan with water 1/2 way up on the bottom rack of the still hot oven.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the peanut butter. Spread it over the prepared crust within 1 inch of the edges. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, and sour cream until smooth. Add eggs. Beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour 1 c filling into a bowl, and set aside.
- Pour remaining filling over peanut butter and crust.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt 1/4 c hot fudge for 30 seconds or until thin.
- Fold into set aside filling.
- Carefully spoon over filling and cut with a knife to swirl.
- Place pan on baking sheet. Bake for 55-65 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Remove cheesecake and water pan (I always forget that guy).
- Cool on wire rack 10 minutes.
- Carefully run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen cake.
- Cook an additional hour.
- Garnish with peanut butter cup wedges, and drizzle with softened hot fudge.
- Chill overnight, eat, and become comatose. Serves 12-14.