Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Why I Am A Road Runner


The road doesn’t care if I wear makeup.
The road doesn’t care if my outfit matches.
The road doesn’t care if I blow my nose in my sleeve or sweat so profusely that my clothes are full of salt.
The road doesn’t care if I bombed my exam or ruined last night’s dinner.
The road doesn’t care if my house is clean or if the laundry is done.

The road doesn’t care if I’m tired.
The road doesn’t care if my shins/feet/knees hurt.
The road reminds me of that Krispy Kreme donut sitting in my belly.
The road has made me throw up.
The road has made me trip.
The road has made me cry.
The road has kicked my ass.

The road teaches me to listen to my body.
The road teaches me to think positively.
The road teaches me to ignore feelings of self-doubt, anger, and negativity.
The road challenges me.
The road is therapeutic.
The road is my escape.
The road gives me strength.
The road allows me to do things I never thought possible.

The road gives me so much.  Some days it kicks my ass…but most days, I kick its ass!


2 comments:

  1. I love this too. A year ago I would not have understood it. I think I get it now... thanks! I think I get it for the 13.1, but I am working on understanding the whole 26.2 thing...

    ReplyDelete