Thursday, July 21, 2011

9 days!!!

So we're down to single digits in the countdown to due date.  I know that 1st babies on average go to 41w 1d...so I've been telling myself August, but it is nice to countdown to something.  Here is how my very round self looks these days...


You'll notice that I am rocking the barefoot while pregnant look...it's a good look.
I'm mostly wearing dresses these days because 1) my fat thighs don't fit into most of my maternity clothes comfortably anymore and 2) it is 1,000 degrees outside with 2,000% humidity. 

We (and by "we" I mean Al) haven't made a lot of progress on the nursery lately because humidity + refinishing furniture = a big no no.  Al was finally able to do some poly-ing today.  Hopefully the furniture will be finished this weekend, and I can organize the shit out of the nursery next week...pictures to follow.

4 comments:

  1. Barefoot + pregnant IS a good look. Hope you're feeling OK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, be careful with refinishing furniture in this weather. There was a garage that spontaneously combusted in Iowa because someone left a pile of rags soaked in stain, and they started on fire from the heat!
    You look fantastic!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time seems to have flown by so quickly! Maybe it's just me though...

    I once read about a woman who was worried that her water would break in public, and that she would be extremely embarrassed as a result, so she carried around a jar of pickles. Her plan was to smash it on the ground, which would supposedly cause bystanders to think that she was merely very clumsy and not gushing amniotic fluid all over the place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are absolutely gorgeous! Baby suits you well! Enjoy these last days, things are going to get real crazy and quick and amazing really fast. Hold your husband's hand A LOT, make out A LOT, get rubbed A LOT, and be as relaxed as you can. I'm so excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete