Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Lamest Camping Ever!!


So the moving company came this past weekend…I know what you’re thinking, “…but you’re not moving until the end of the week??”  Yes, I realize this, but the FREE moving service provided by my new company only had two days available in June…the 18th and the 29th.  Since we are both done with work on the 23rd, we didn’t want to hang out much more in the land of non-stop traffic…plus the sooner we move our stuff from DC, the sooner it will arrive in Madison...in theory…but then they changed the date from the 18th to the 19th without really letting me know…ugh. 
They also keep telling me different dates for when our stuff will arrive at our apartment in Madison.  Basically we need to be ready for it anytime between June 28th and July 13th…ummm.  Don’t get me wrong, I am very thankful that we don’t have to pay for or physically move our stuff, but scheduling a last minute move has been a bit hairy.
So we are currently living on an air mattress with suitcases.  We both forgot to leave behind any lamps…but I found a flashlight last night.  So we are basically camping in our apartment…without s’mores…lamest camping EVER!
There are worse things to be in the world than stuff-less…like home-less or food-less…but it is inconvenient none-the-less.  I will be happy when we are reunited with our (hopefully undamaged) belongings.

No comments:

Post a Comment