Sunday, January 30, 2011

14 Weeks – Zzzzzzzz


Good news: I made it to the 2nd trimester...one down, two to go!

Bad news: Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I’ve awoken from my pregnancy coma to give an update.  I am STILL very tired.  This was supposed to get better!!  It doesn’t help that I keep getting sick with stomach bugs and colds…and when I try to sleep, I can’t stay under for more than 8-9 hours.  I’ve heard this is supposed to train me for lack of sleep for when the baby arrives, and so far this training program STINKS!

Also, I only feel like eating really bland foods and NO meat.  Meat = Gross!  So I’m eating a lot of bread, peanut butter, and protein shakes…yum…NOT!  The only real craving has been Lemon Ice from Culver’s...mmmm.

 
I’ve heard from a few of my friends that this craving is not unusual.  The only problem is that it is winter in Wisconsin, and many Culver’s locations consider Lemon Ice a “seasonal item”…LAME!  Luckily we have found one location in Madison that still has it.  Hopefully the location near work will start carrying it soon…like today maybe.  :)

The bump has gotten a bit bigger, though it is still in the “mini” stage and can only be seen from the side.  It starts the day smaller and gets bigger as the day goes on.  It is also larger if I have to pee or just ate.  This is because the lemon sized baby is just barely out of my pelvis but is pushing my organs up and out.  So right now it is a more of a food/pee bump than a baby bump.  Here’s the latest…


Ok, back to being sleepy…zzzzzzzzzz….

1 comment:

  1. The sleepiness is to amass a store of sleep time so that when you are sleep deprived after the baby comes (and has yet to figure out that whole day/night thing--hey, it's dark in there), you have a bank of sleep to draw upon for energy--just kidding! but only about the sleep bank, the sleep deprivation will really happen.

    ReplyDelete