Saturday, January 1, 2011

Angelina Ain't Got Nothing on Me..

A couple weeks ago on Monday my upper lip felt a little bigger/thicker than usual but didn't look that swollen.  Then Tuesday morning, I woke up to THIS...



Holy fat lip Batman!!  I was able to see the doctor that day.  He had no clue what it was...so he called in another doctor.  Both doctors poked my face with a stick and determined that they don't know...super.
 
Do you get your co-pay back when you stump the doctors??...apparently not.

Luckily it was down by Christmas...though I did have to endure a day at work looking like more of a freak show than usual.

Update: After a swab and a test, the doctor called me back that day to tell me that it was just a cold sore.  Apparently these are more common for pregnant women.  I ended up with another later in the pregnancy and haven't had any problems since K was born.  The doctor said that there is a medication if the outbreaks get really bad (his wife had to go on the meds), but it isn't safe for the 1st trimester.


4 comments:

  1. This used to happen to me at random when I was in high school. I never did figure out why it happened. If you solve this mystery, let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Anne Marie! Or should I just call you Lisa Rinna from now on?! Totally strange though. Must have been some kind of allergic reaction??

    ReplyDelete
  3. They swabbed it, and it ended up being a cold sore. It just looked weird.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i got one and im only 15 :(

    ReplyDelete