Sunday, January 27, 2013

Candy Corn Brownies

As you can see, I am a little behind in blogging...at least I took pictures!  That has been my plan.  Take pictures now, blog latter...well, I accomplished the first part!

Back in October I wanted to experiment with making a candy corn brownie because what's better than brownies?...buttercream on brownies!

I put a brownie mix in round cake pans.


I lined the pans with wax paper and ran a knife around the edge before using two cutting boards to flip the brownies.


I used a pizza cutter to divide the brownie into eight pieces and cut off the tips.



My original plan was to use buttercream because mmmmmmm.  Buttercream won't ever be completely white (even if you don't add vanilla) because butter is yellow.  I made an icing out of corn syrup and powdered sugar to ensure the whitest white.

Left: Buttercream
Right: Corn Syrup and Powdered Sugar
Finally I pipped the frosting on top.  These were a hit at work and more fun than a regular brownie.  Look forward to a Christmas tree brownie post sometime in July.



No comments:

Post a Comment