Monday, August 29, 2011

Family Letters

The walls of our living room are fairly bare.  This is stemming from both a lack of ideas and a lack of budget.  Months ago I saw an idea online.  There were framed, old letters for sale for big money.  I remembered that my mom's side had some old family letters.  Somehow with email and cellphones, we have lost the art of letter writing.  I got a hold of the letters and a 25% off coupon for Michael's craft store.  I bought three frames with mats for under $25.  One of the letters was three pages long front and back with a photo.  I put the first and last pages in two of the frames, and put the photo with the envelope in the third (even the envelope was pretty).  I hung the three frames above our recently acquired piano (thanks Mom!!).  Here is the finished result...



One wall down!  I have an old newspaper to frame as well, but it isn't a standard size...so that is up to Al to build a frame for.  I'll let you know how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment